SAT, ACT, PSAT, PreACT
PSATClick here for tips on taking the PSAT. Also, here is some PSAT Test Information and information about new PSAT test scores.
To prepare for the PSAT, please visit: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/psat/prep.html . Students should also refer to, and use, the practice test booklet they received.Check out 3 Reasons Your PSAT Score Matters
If you want to take the SAT on a Saturday you will have to register and pay the fee (or use a fee waiver).
Register at http://www.collegeboard.org/
Fee - $57 for the SAT with Essay or $45 for the SAT without Essay
SAT Course through Future Prep Educational Services
This course is preparing students for the October 5th SAT Test Administration. The course tuition of $199 (which reflects the $100 discount off of the regular price of $299 afforded to all CATA students) is due by the start of the first class. If you wish to pay with check, please make payable to “Future Prep Educational Services” and bring it to the first class. If you wish to pay with Credit or Debit Card, please call 704-307-8975 to make those arrangements.
The course tuition does not cover, nor is Future Prep responsible for, registration for the SAT You must register to take the SAT here: http://sat.collegeboard.org/register/sat-dates.
The location information and class schedule are provided below:
Central Academy of Technology and Arts
Math #1 Thu, 8/29 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Math #2 Thu, 9/5 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Math #3 Thu, 9/12 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Practice Test Sat, 9/14 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Verbal #1 Thu, 9/19 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Verbal #2 Thu, 9/26 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Verbal #3 Thu, 10/3 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Please contact Kevin Abplanalp with any questions - 704.307.8975, firstname.lastname@example.orgPre-ACT
The PreACT (formerly the PLAN test), which is practice for the ACT, is given to all 10th graders. Students do not need to sign up, as it is a required test by the state that all 10th graders take. The practice test will include English, Math, Reading, and Science sections. To prepare for this test, please visit: http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/preact.html.
If you want to take the ACT on a different date you will need to register and pay the fee.
Register at http://www.actstudent.org/
Fee - $56.50 for ACT plus writing
SAT or ACT? Click this link for more information about each test to determine which one is right for you.
SAT/ACT Test Prep Information:
CATA will be doing ACT prep during Cougar Time each week. SAT prep will begin in Cougar Time once the ACT has been taken.
Future Prep is offering a SAT Prep course at CATA starting Thursday, September 28th to Thursday, November 2nd. The course will meet on Thursday's only and include one practice test on Saturday, October 14th. The course leads up to the November 4th SAT. Please click here for more information, including how to sign up for the course.
For the SAT and ACT, students have to register at the websites below and pay for the exam. Fee waivers are available for students who qualify for free or reduced lunch. Students need to see their counselor for the waiver. You can use up to two waivers.Here is what you need to know about the NEW SAT:
- The first administration of the NEW SAT was in March 2016.
- The NEW SAT has 154 questions and will last 3 hours.
- The NEW SAT has Math and Evidence-Based Reading and Writing. The NEW SAT measures skills and knowledge students need to be ready for college and beyond. The NEW SAT will better reflect what students learn in class and focus on math that research shows is used most in college and career. The NEW SAT questions in the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section are passage-based - students are asked to support answers with evidence from a passage. The Essay Writing will be optional.
- The NEW SAT scoring ranges from 400-1600. There will be NO PENALTY for guessing.
- To learn more, please visit https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/
* Have you ever wondered what the difference between the SAT and ACT is? Then check out this visual comparison: SAT vs. ACT
Juniors should take the SAT and/or ACT twice in the spring or summer of their junior year. Colleges want to have all testing completed by the October test date of their senior year.