Financial Aid Information Night - October 3rd @6:30pm in the PRHS Auditorium
- How to apply for financial aid
- Types of financial aid
- NC Residency
FAFSA Day on Saturday, October 26th @ SPCC (South Piedmont Community College)
- Recieve assistance on complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form 9-12pm
- Click here for detailed information
Seniors can apply for financial aid beginning on October 1st for the 2020-2021 school year. The application used is the FAFSA-Free Application for Federal Student Aid. It is available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after October 1st. Make sure you check with the colleges you are applying for their deadlines. You may print a pre-application worksheet for Web filers from the website. You and your parent/guardian can also prepare by applying for a US Department of Education FSA ID at www.fsaid.ed.gov. Your FSA ID enables both you and your parent/guardian to sign your FAFSA electronically. There is also information about federal student aid on this site. If you prefer to file a paper copy, you can download a form from the website or request a paper copy by calling 1-800-433-3242. This is a free application, be sure to go through the official website. Watch for websites wanting to charge you!
Financial Aid Websites:
- www.fsaid.ed.gov - The FSA ID is the first step to completing the FAFSA. Your FSA ID enables both you and your parent/guardian to sign your FAFSA electronically. Can be done before October 1st.
- www.fafsa.ed.gov - FREE Application for Federal Student Aid - Seniors can apply beginning October 1st
- FAFSA4caster- gives parents an estimate of financial aid before filling out the actual FAFSA form
Certain Colleges require the PROFILE to be filed along with the FAFSA. The North Carolina schools that require it are Davidson College, Duke University, Elon University, Lenior-Rhyne University, NC A&T State University, UNC-Chapel Hill, and Wake Forest University. There are also specific scholarships that require the PROFILE. Registrations for PROFILE are accepted beginning October 1st. Application can be found at www.collegeboard.org. You cannot actually file the PROFILE until after October 1.