ACT/SAT:Juniors should take the SAT and/or ACT twice in their junior year. Colleges recommend students to have all testing completed by the October test date of their senior year.
ACT Information - The ACT will be given to all juniors, at no cost, during the school day, TBA as part of a statewide program. For this test date, students do not have to register for the test on their own. For any additional ACT testing, students have to register on the website above and pay for the exam. Test dates are listed below.
For any additional testing, students must register online with the testing agency. Test dates and websites are listed below. Be sure to register as early as possible, in order to be assigned to your first-choice test center. Students who receive testing accommodations must apply for testing accommodations at least 8 weeks prior to the test date with CollegeBoard. Click here for SAT Testing Accommodations Information. See your counselor at school for more information.
- Fee waivers are available for both exams for students who qualify for free or reduced lunch. Students need to see their counselor for the waiver.
- The tests can be taken with or without writing. Students should check with the colleges they are planning to apply to see if the writing is required.
- Students can send scores to 4 colleges when registering for the test without any extra fee.
SAT Testing Dates - 2023-2024
ACT Testing Dates - 2023-2024
Register at https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/register
- August 26th register by 7/28, late fee 8/15
- October 7st register by 9/07, late fee 9/26
- November 4th register by 10/05, late fee 10/24
- December 2nd register by 11/2, late fee 11/21
- March 9th (Digital) register by 2/23, late fee 2/27
- May 4th (Digital) register by 4/19, late fee 4/23
- June 1st (Digital) register by 5/16, late fee 5/21
Fee - $52 no essay; $68 with essay
(If you receive free or reduced lunch or have a financial need, see a counselor to see if you qualify for a fee waiver for either test.)Register at actstudent.org
- September 9th register by 8/04, late fee 8/18
- October 28th register by 9/22, late fee 10/06
- December 9th register by 11/03, late fee 11/17
- February 10th register by 1/05, late fee 1/19
- April 13th register by 3/08, late fee 3/22
- June 8th register by 5/3, late fee 5/17
- July 13th register by 6/07, late fee 6/21
Fee - $52 no writing; $68 with writing
ACT is looking at adding additional test dates for September and October. Check the website above for information.
Free Online SAT/ACT Test Preparation:
- UCPS offers ALBERT ACT & SAT practice to our students, which can be accessed at https://sites.google.com/a/ucps.k12.nc.us/ucps-secondary-startup-page/high-school
- http://www.actstudent.org/testprep/ for ACT test prep
- https://academy.act.org/ for ACT test prep
- http://sat.collegeboard.org/practice for SAT test prep
- https://www.khanacademy.org/sat for SAT test prep
- www.march2success.com for ACT & SAT test prep
- https://www2.cfnc.org/#/testPrep for ACT & SAT test prep