Some universities have competitions to select students for full-ride scholarships. These are highly competitive. At Porter Ridge, students apply to be considered as the PRHS school nominee. Students complete an application and our school scholarship committee, consisting of school counselors, an administrator and teachers, reviews the applications of students and chooses our school nominee(s). The student(s) selected as our school nominee then applies directly to the institution for the larger competition. Below are links to the applications of the individual scholarships. Please note the deadlines are designed to allow time for our scholarship committee to meet and review the student applications. These deadlines are final. No exception. Some of the scholarships allow students to self-nominate if they are not chosen as their school's nominee. Please see the individual scholarship websites for more information. Feel free to contact Ms. Carly Patterson with any questions.
If you want to be the Porter Ridge High School Nominee for one of these scholarships, check the links below!
UNC Chapel Hill Morehead-Cain - due September 19, 2019
UNC Charlotte Levine Scholarship - due September 26, 2019
NC State Park Scholarship - due September 26, 2019
Davidson Belk Scholarship - due October 17, 2019
University of Virginia Jefferson Scholars - due November 14, 2019HOW TO FIND SCHOLARSHIPS
* Scholarship list and search engine in Naviance
- PRHS Scholarship Newsletter
- Students should check their school Naviance account under colleges and then scholarship list.
Student Access to Naviance:
- Log in to your my.ncedcloud.org account
- Click on "C" for Clever
- Click on Naviance
- Click on Colleges Home
- Scroll down to Scholarships and Money
* Check the websites from the colleges/universities you are applying to
* Check other high schools websites
* Use Free Scholarship Search Engines