About the Facilities Department
The Union County Public Schools' Facilities Department is responsible for ensuring a safe environment that is conducive to teaching and learning. Our staff (licensed where appropriate/required) are experts in their fields. We employ electricians, carpenters, plumbers, planners, architects, engineers, electronic technicians, HVAC technicians, painters, custodians, mechanics, and grounds workers.
Our department handles:
- Planning (monitors growth and plans for new schools, additions and renovations).
- Construction (retains the services of design professionals to design and facilitate the bidding and construction of new schools, additions and renovations).
- Maintenance (provides routine and scheduled maintenance of facilities to stave off the replacement of building components and assures safe and lively grounds).
- Custodial Services (provides daily and scheduled cleaning services of facilities and assists maintenance with replacing filters and lights).
- Warehousing (provides daily courier services between all facilities; receives, stores, and disseminates cleaning and toiletry products to all facilities; and provides for the pick up, storage (short- and long-term), and distribution of furniture and equipment).
- Other support functions (provides maintenance of stormwater facilities, wastewater facilities, and vehicles (facilities and drivers education).