The Elementary Education Department supports teachers and schools in providing a quality program for every elementary student in Union County Public Schools. The department helps schools develop a quality curriculum and research-based instructional practices in order to establish a solid educational foundation for every student.
Support from teachers and schools includes:
- Creating curriculum and support guides
- Delivering professional development
- Reviewing and providing materials and resources to support instruction
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Creating benchmarks and other formative assessments
- Supporting the implementation and delivery of the North Carolina Standard Course of Study
The Elementary Education Department works collaboratively with schools to ensure students have equal opportunities for an educational program that provides the academic development, knowledge, and skills necessary for success in the 21st century.
If you have questions, please contact Casey Rimmer, Executive Director of K-12 Curriculum and Instruction, at 704-296-0832, ext. 4033.