Important Dates for Transfers and Special Programs (2023)
At the January 10, 2023 Board of Education meeting, the board voted to postpone School Choice for the 2023-2024 school year. There will be no schools of choice for next school year. Students who are currently assigned through School Choice will remain in their school assignment through the terminal grade.
When more information is available about School Choice, UCPS will share updates with employees and parents.
If you have questions about additional transfer options, visit the Student Assignment page.
Special Program Schools Lottery (AgTech at Forest Hills High, Benton Heights Elementary School of the Arts, Central Academy of Technology & Arts (CATA), Health Sciences Academy at Monroe High School, and Union County Early College)
- February 13 - March 12: Application Window
- March 27: Parents Notified
- April 3: Deadline to Claim Seats
Dual Language Immersion Lottery
- March 13 - April 9: Application Window
- May 1: Parents Notified
- May 8: Deadline to Claim Seats
School Transfer Requests
- May 8 - May 28: Requests, Renewals Only
- June 1-30: New School Transfer Requests
- July 1: New School Transfer Requests (only for new to UCPS, new home construction, and newly hired UCPS employees)