Facilities Overview Page
Union County Public Schools values the feedback of our students, parents and staff. In an effort to continue high quality, rigorous learning experiences and social-emotional support for students, the school district has partnered with Panorama Education to administer a survey to 3rd – 12th graders. The survey window is Sept. 28 – Oct. 8 and will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. The link will be sent via Canvas and students will need their Student ID for access. Panorama safeguards student privacy and all responses will be kept confidential.
Click HERE to review survey questions.
The Facilities Department is charged with providing a safe environment that is conducive to teaching and learning. Being safe involves security, healthy environmental conditions, clean conditioned air and appropriate lighting, amongst others.
Our mission is to equip stakeholders with the environment they need
to provide a quality education for the students of Union County Public Schools.
The Facilities Department provides the following services to Union County Public Schools:
- Planning: Monitor growth and plan for new schools, additions, and renovations.
- Construction: Retain the services of design professionals to design and facilitate the bidding and construction of new schools, additions, and renovations.
- Maintenance: Provide routine and scheduled maintenance of the facilities to stave off replacement of building components and to assure safe and lively grounds.
- Custodial Services: Provide daily and scheduled cleaning services of the facilities and to assist maintenance with replacing filters and lights.
- Warehousing: Provide daily courier services between all facilities; receive, store, and dissemination cleaning and toiletry products to all facilities; and, provide for the pick-up, storage (short and long term), and distribution of furniture and equipment.
- Other support functions: Provide for maintenance of storm water facilities, wastewater facilities, and vehicles (facilities and drivers education) maintenance.
The Facilities Department is staffed with professionals (licensed where appropriate and/or required) that are expert in their trades ranging from electricians, carpenters, plumbers, planners, architects, engineers, electronic technicians, HVAC technicians, painters, custodians, mechanics, and grounds workers.
Dave Burnett, Director of Facilities