Facilities Overview Page
2019 UCPS Parent Survey
UCPS has extended the deadline for the Parent Survey. The survey will remain open until April 26. We encourage you to participate and share your feedback through an anonymous format that will be used to improve our teaching and learning practices and the overall UCPS experience for families. No personally identifiable information pertaining to you or your student will be collected. For your convenience, the survey can be taken through a mobile device and it is compatible with all operating systems. We appreciate your time and cooperation.
The Facilities Department is charged with providing a safe environment that is conducive to teaching and learning. Being safe involves security, healthy environmental conditions, clean conditioned air and appropriate lighting, amongst others.
Our mission is to equip stakeholders with the environment they need
to provide a quality education for the students of Union County Public Schools.
The Facilities Department provides the following services to Union County Public Schools:
- Planning: Monitor growth and plan for new schools, additions, and renovations.
- Construction: Retain the services of design professionals to design and facilitate the bidding and construction of new schools, additions, and renovations.
- Maintenance: Provide routine and scheduled maintenance of the facilities to stave off replacement of building components and to assure safe and lively grounds.
- Custodial Services: Provide daily and scheduled cleaning services of the facilities and to assist maintenance with replacing filters and lights.
- Warehousing: Provide daily courier services between all facilities; receive, store, and dissemination cleaning and toiletry products to all facilities; and, provide for the pick-up, storage (short and long term), and distribution of furniture and equipment.
- Other support functions: Provide for maintenance of storm water facilities, wastewater facilities, and vehicles (facilities and drivers education) maintenance.
The Facilities Department is staffed with professionals (licensed where appropriate and/or required) that are expert in their trades ranging from electricians, carpenters, plumbers, planners, architects, engineers, electronic technicians, HVAC technicians, painters, custodians, mechanics, and grounds workers.
Dave Burnett, Director of Facilities