The purpose of the Union County Public Schools Human Resources Division is to secure and retain professionally knowledgeable employees who are culturally aware and prepared to work for the good of all children. We will accomplish this mission through conscientious customer service, cooperative networking, and the efficient use of technology.The UCPS Human Resources Division is responsible for overseeing the employment decisions for all Union County Public Schools employees, as well as staff development for employees.Union County Public Schools provides a valuable benefit to all employees and their immediate family members known as the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). It also provides beginning teacher support to all newly hired educators.
Top Reasons to Work in UCPS
- Union County is a great place to work and live
- Excellent employee benefits package
- Competitive local salary supplements
- $1,750 additional bonus for teaching in a high priority school
- $1,750 bonus for teaching in a content area in one of the six focus schools
- $4,300 bonus for showing growth for the top 25% of the state and or the district through the state performance bonus
- Comprehensive support program for beginning teachers
- Excellent instructional program and support staff
- Fastest growing school district in North Carolina
- Approximately 35 miles east of Charlotte, the largest city in North Carolina
- Within 200 miles of major beaches and mountains
For Future NC Teachers
Are you interested in getting your teaching license? Our friends at TeachNC.org have lots of free tools and resources to help you get started:
1-on-1 advising calls to answer all your questions and choose an educator preparation program that’s right for you.
how-to guides to demystify eligibility, testing, and financial aid
interactive application checklists to keep you on track
fee reimbursements to help cover licensure and testing expenses
a $1000 scholarship to help make your dream of becoming a teacher more economical
Union County Public Schools and TeachNC are committed to helping you achieve your dream of becoming a teacher! Sign up for a free TeachNC account today to get started.
UCPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Union County Public School System does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age or handicap in any of its educational or employment programs or activities.