2019-2020 Calendar Survey
We want to hear from you! Union County Public Schools is conducting a survey to gather input for the 2019-2020 calendar. We encourage you to participate and learn more about the calendar planning process. The survey will close Sunday, October 21 at midnight. If you receive an error message, please try refreshing your page or changing Internet browsers. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Elementary Education Department supports teachers and schools in providing a quality program for every elementary student in Union County Public Schools. The department helps schools develop a quality curriculum and researched-based instructional practices in order to establish a solid educational foundation for every student.
Support of teachers and schools include:
- Creating curriculum and support guides
- Delivering professional development
- Reviewing and providing materials and resources to support instruction
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Creating benchmark and other formative assessments
- Supporting the implementation and delivery of the North Carolina Standard Course of Study
The Elementary Education Department works collaboratively with schools to ensure students have equal opportunities to an educational program that provides the academic development, knowledge, and skills necessary for success in the 21st Century.