Multi-Tiered System of Support
Each school provides a layered system of support called a Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) so all students can grow academically, behaviorally, and emotionally. MTSS is a framework for continuous school improvement and uses evidence-based practices, a data-driven problem-solving model, and a three-tiered instruction/intervention model to maximize growth for all students. MTSS combines Response to Instruction (RTI) and Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) into one effective and efficient approach.
For more information on the specific support available at your child’s school, please contact the school directly.
- All staff and students are part of a multi-tiered system of support.
- MTSS utilizes a systematic problem-solving model to analyze multiple pieces of data to determine how all students are responding to instruction.
- Teams problem solve in the areas of instruction, curriculum, and environment.
- MTSS is a layering of academic and behavior supports.
- All students have access to all layers of instructional supports.