AIG Local Plan
The state of North Carolina requires every public school district to have an AIG Local Plan as mandated by state legislature known as Ariticle 9B. The AIG Local plan outlines the processes, procedures, services, and supports concerning gifted education within a school district. The AIG Plan is organized based on the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction's (NCDPI) AIG Program Standards (PDF) created to serve as a statewide framework and guide for school districts to develop, coordinate, and implement thoughtful and comprehensive AIG programs. These standards reflect Article 9B (N.C.G.S. § 115C-150.5-.08) and are nationally-accepted best practices in gifted education. Furthermore, the AIG Program Standards help ensure that the needs of AIG students are met and the potential of AIG students is optimally developed.
Click to view the 2019-22 AIG Local Plan, Board Approved, May 7, 2019.
Appendices & Supplemental Information of the UCPS AIG Plan
- Acknowledgements of AIG Revision Committee & Stakeholder Participation in Plan Revision
- AIG Glossary
- UCPS AIG Identification Criteria (English & Spanish)
- Appendix C: Pathway 3 Screening & Alternate Assessment Form
- AIG Screening Referral Form
- Early Entrance to Kindergarten Process & Application
- Appendix J: Acceleration Options & Procedure
- AIG Curriculum Framework
- Handbook on Parents' Rights & Responsibilities in Gifted Education (English)
- Handbook on Parents' Rights & Responsibilities in Gifted Education (Spanish)
- AIG Professional Development Framework