Through the UCPS Giving Campaign, employees have the ability to change lives and help improve the community in which we work and live.
From Oct. 22 - Nov. 8, all UCPS employees will have the option to support the following charitable organizations: United Way of Central Carolinas, Union County Education Foundation and the American Cancer Society.
Donating is simple:
- Read the description for each nonprofit below and the directions for giving.
- Once on the organization's website, you can pledge your donation via the online giving portal.
- Please note: For United Way, please give through the email that each employee received. This email will include a link that is specific to each employee's e-giving portal. This year, payroll deduction is available for the United Way of Central Carolinas campaign.
- When making your donation, please be mindful to also include the name of your school or department, if possible.
- If you need additional assistance or information about the UCPS Giving Campaign, please contact your school's campaign coordinator.
Thank you for donating to the UCPS Giving Campaign and joining the fight for the education, health and financial stability of every person in our community!
The Union County Education Foundation is the only nonprofit organization dedicated solely to mobilizing community and business support for UCPS schools.
The organization primarily fulfills this mission through college scholarship programs for students and LIFT grants for classroom teachers. Click here to donate.
United Way of Central Carolinas harnesses the power of collective giving to help fund 17 community-vetted nonprofit organizations that are working to support the entire Union County community and provide support around families in need.
United Way of Central Carolinas offers employees three options of donating to their organization:
- Employees are encouraged to donate via E-Pledge (payroll deduction or credit card).
- Each employee should give via the email that was sent from United Way. This email will include a link that is specific to each employee and will allow them to submit their donation via the organization’s e-giving portal. This option will allow better tracking for individual school/department donations.
- You may also send a check directly to the United Way of Central Carolinas (P.O. Box 890865, Charlotte, NC 28289-0685)
- Follow the directions above to make a donation via the organization's online giving page.
The American Cancer Society's Relay for Life movement is the world's largest fundraising event to fight every cancer in every community.
Funds raised through Relay for Life enable the American Cancer Society to fund cancer research, provide free support to people facing the disease today, and educate people about how to reduce their risk or detect cancer early.