The Title III Federal Program supports language instruction for English learners and immigrant students. This additional support helps these students to succeed with core academic subjects and meet the North Carolina state student achievement standards expected of all students. The school system has an English as a Second Language (ESL) academic support center located at the Walter Bickett Education Center, which houses materials that may be checked out by ESL teachers, regular classroom teachers and families.
Native Languages of Our ELLsOur students represent a variety of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and cultures.
Mr. Gustavo Arevalo, Latino Outreach Coordinator was recognized by the Southpark Lions Club on Friday, July 12 at their Annual Awards & Installation Banquet. Mr. Jim Sasser, District Governor, presented Mr. Arevalo with a plaque in recognition for his role in the implementation of programs that benefit UCPS students and their families.
Quick Links for Parents
- Which school will my child attend?
- How do I enroll my child?
- Kindergarten Registration
- Kindergarten Open House dates and Kindergarten Tour dates
- Kindergarten Registration Frequently Asked Questions (English)
- Kindergarten Registration Frequently Asked Questions (Spanish)
- District Attendance maps
- UCPS School Choice
Bell Schedules and Calendars
- 2019-2020 Bell Schedule
- District Printable Calendar
- 2019-2020 Early Release Calendar (Coming soon)
- 2020 Graduation Schedule (Coming soon)
Open House Information
School Nutrition Services
- Transportation Department
- Contact Number: 704-296-3015
- Here Comes the Bus:
- Transportation Information Sessions 2019 (by cluster)
- East Union Middle School: July 30, 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
- Monroe High School: July 30, 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Marvin Ridge Middle School: July 29, 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Porter Ridge High School: July 30, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Weddington High School: July 25, 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Piedmont High School: August 1, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- District Athletic Forms
- Contact Information: 704-296-6344
School Handbooks and Curriculum Guides
Dr. Cynthia Hogston
Director of Academically and Intellectually Gifted and Federal Programs
Director Phone: (704) 296-0823