Students become eligible for Behind-The-Wheel (BTW) instruction after completion of the online driver education course, passing the final exam and completion of vision screening.
- UCPS students will complete BTW instruction at their assigned school.
- Charter, homeschool and private school students will complete BTW instruction through Union Academy.
What is Behind-the-Wheel instruction?
- 12 hours in length; six as a driver and six as a passenger.
- There will be two students in the car at all times.
- Driving experience will progress from the parking lot, to rural roads to city and highway driving.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will my child be called for BTW instruction?
When does BTW instruction occur?
What if my student is not available when called for BTW instruction?
Can I do BTW with someone specific?
What happens when BTW instruction is completed?
Can a student take BTW instruction at a private driving school?