Communications and Community Relations Office
From creative services and media relations to social media and storytelling, our highly effective Communications and Community Relations team is your source for timely and accurate information about Union County Public Schools.
Through strategic communications that align directly with the district's goals, our team continually informs and engages our students, employees, parents, community members and partners through the following channels:
Internal Communications and Support
- Strategic communications counsel and crisis communications support to school leaders
- Creative services support to schools through marketing and professional development
- Connect with U employee newsletter, which is distributed to the district's 5,000+ employees every month
- UCPS website and UCPS mobile app, which provide timely news and information updates about our outstanding students, schools and district initiatives as well as emergency notifications
- UCPS Snapshots, a monthly e-newsletter that provides important updates about districtwide programs, initiatives and more. Subscribe now or text UCPSNEWS to 22828.
- Social media, which includes the UCPS Facebook page, @UCPSNC Twitter account and @UCPSNC Instagram account
- Video production through creative videos about our outstanding students, staff and programs on the UCPS YouTube account and live-streamed Board of Education meetings on the UCPS Board of Education YouTube account
- The Communications and Community Relations team coordinates news coverage of UCPS and oversees all communications between the district and news media
- The Communications and Community Relations Office serves as a liaison between UCPS and community, parent and business organizations. Our office seeks to build partnerships to strengthen parent and community engagement.
The Communications and Community Relations team has also been recognized at both the state and national levels for excellence in writing, photography, marketing, publications and more.
- Eleven NCSPRA Blue Ribbon Awards for writing, electronic media, marketing, publications, digital media engagement, special events and more
- NCSPRA Best of the Best award for Digital Media Engagement (#StartWithHello Week - Social Media Campaign)
- Golden Achievement Award from the National School Public Relations Association for exemplary public relations and communications efforts on the district's #StartWithHello Week - Social Media Campaign
- 2019 national Start With Hello district winner (Sandy Hook Promise)
- Golden Achievement Award from the National School Public Relations Association for exemplary public relations and communications efforts on the district's annual Books and Brackets reading challenge
- Twenty NCSPRA Blue Ribbon Awards for writing, electronic media, marketing, publications, photography, digital media, special events and more
- NCSPRA Best of the Best awards for Digital Media Engagement (2018 Back to School Facebook Live) and Marketing (Realignment)
Tahira Stalberte, APR
Assistant Superintendent for Communications and Community Relations