Through an innovative partnership with Wingate University and South Piedmont Community College (SPCC), Union County Public Schools (UCPS) is proud to announce Next Stop: TeachUCPS, a teacher pipeline program for employees. This new strategy will help UCPS to grow its own teachers and provide a roadmap that removes financial barriers for pursuing a teaching license.
- Associate Degree at SPCC
- Gateway to Wingate Scholarship
- Classroom teacher 2-4 years after beginning the program.
- Associate degree = zero tuition
- UCPS Scholarship = UCPS pays up to $2,500 per year
Upon completion of all coursework and an earned bachelor's degree:
- Work in UCPS as a teacher
- Minimum of three years in a Title I school
- Minimum of four years in other schools