Imagine Yourself at UCPS
Union County Public Schools (UCPS) is the sixth-largest public school system in North Carolina. We serve approximately 41,500 students at 53 schools and has approximately 5,000 staff members.
Top Reasons to Work Here
- Union County is a great place to work and live
- Excellent employee benefits package
- Competitive local salary supplements
- $1,750 additional bonus for teaching in a high-priority school
- $1,750 bonus for teaching in a content area in one of the six focus schools
- $4,300 bonus for showing growth for the top 25% of the state and or the district through the state performance bonus
- Comprehensive support program for beginning teachers
- Excellent instructional program and support staff
- Fastest growing school district in North Carolina
- Approximately 35 miles east of Charlotte, the largest city in North Carolina
- Within 200 miles of major beaches and mountains
UCPS is an equal-opportunity employer. The Union County Public School System does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age or handicap in any of its educational or employment programs or activities.
- 92.3% graduation rate
- Dr. Andrew G. Houlihan named the 2022 Southwest Regional Superintendent of the Year
- Six Leader in Me Lighthouse Schools: Benton Heights Elementary School of the Arts, Indian Trail Elementary, Prospect Elementary, Rocky River Elementary, Sandy Ridge Elementary and Sun Valley Middle.
- 2019 Sandy Hook Promise Start with Hello District Winner