TEACHER ASSISTANTS MAKE A DIFFERENCE!If you are seeking employment as a Teacher Assistant, you may apply through the Applitrack System at http://www.applitrack.com/ucps/onlineapp/ .REQUIREMENTS FOR TEACHER ASSISTANTS
What are the qualification requirements for Title I paraprofessionals/teacher assistants?
(1) All Title I paraprofessionals/ teacher assistants must have a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent.
(2) Additionally, except as noted below, paraprofessionals/ teacher assistants hired after January 8, 2002, and working in a program supported with Title I, Part A funds must have:
- Completed two years of study at an institution of higher education; (equivalent of 48 semester hours) or
- Obtained an associate’s (or higher) degree; or
- Met a rigorous standard of quality and be able to demonstrate, through a formal state or local academic assessment, knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing, and mathematics (or, as appropriate, reading readiness, writing readiness, and mathematics readiness).
Note: This option may be met through the WorkKeys Occupational Profile Assessment for Teacher Assistants.
Paraprofessionals who only serve as translators or who only conduct parental involvement activities must have a secondary school diploma or its equivalent but do not have to meet the additional requirements.
Note: According to local guidelines, all EC Teacher Assistants in all schools must meet highly qualified standards as listed above.RESOURCES FOR HIGHLY QUALIFIED REQUIREMENTSACT WorkKeys Information