EC Preschool Services
EC PRESCHOOL PROGRAM SITES AND HOURS OF OPERATIONPreschool classes are taught by Birth-Kindergarten certified teachers along with 1 or 2 teacher assistants. The Individual Education Program (IEP) teams determine placement, frequency and duration of services based upon goals designed to meet each child’s unique needs.
Program Sites and Hours of Operation
- Indian Trail Elementary: 7:30-2:00
- Marvin Elementary: 7:30-2:00
- New Town Elementary: 7:30-2:00
- Porter Ridge Elementary: 7:30-2:00
- Sardis Elementary: 8:15-2:45
- Shiloh Valley Primary: 7:30-2:00
- Unionville Elementary: 7:30-2:00
- Waxhaw Elementary: 7:30-2:00
- Weddington Elementary: 7:30-2:00
- Walter Bickett Education Center: 7:00-1:30
Children enrolled in daycares or preschools within Union County may receive special education services from a Birth-Kindergarten itinerant teacher and related service providers as needed in their early childhood setting. The teacher provides supplemental aids and services in order to support children with disabilities.
Services can be provided in the home as determined to be appropriate by the IEP team. In addition, children who are medically fragile as determined by a physician, can be served in the home.
SPEECH/LANGUAGE THERAPY SERVICESFor preschool children who are eligible for the Exceptional Children’s Program under the category of Speech Impaired, speech therapy is provided at three sites:
- Hemby Bridge Elementary
- Marvin Elementary
- Walter Bickett Education Center