Exceptional Children's Programs Preschool
The UCPS Exceptional Children’s Preschool Program reflects the vision and mission of the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction’s Exceptional Children’s Program and Office of Early Learning. We serve 3 to 5-year-old children who have been evaluated, found eligible for special education, and require specially designed instruction to meet the unique needs of a child with a disability.
Each child is honored, respected, and empowered to achieve success in school and life.
The mission of the Exceptional Children Division is to ensure that students with disabilities develop intellectually, physically, emotionally, and vocationally through the provision of an appropriate individualized education program in the least restrictive environment.
Program Sites and Hours of Operation
- Indian Trail Elementary: 7:30-2:00
- Marvin Elementary: 7:30-2:00
- New Town Elementary: 7:30-2:00
- Porter Ridge Elementary: 7:30-2:00
- Sardis Elementary: 8:15-2:45
- Shiloh Valley Primary: 7:30-2:00
- Unionville Elementary: 7:30-2:00
- Waxhaw Elementary: 7:30-2:00
- Weddington Elementary: 7:30-2:00
- Walter Bickett Education Center: 7:00-1:30
Documents Required for UCPS Enrollment
Proof of Residence (2 forms required)
Name and Date of Birth Verification (1 form required)
Please bring the required documents to the initial referral meeting.
- Diana Selzer
- Exceptional Children's Preschool Coordinator
- Phone: 704-296-6376
- Preschool Assessment Center Address:
704 South Washington St.
Monroe, NC 28112